Iconic


The classic Australian Icon of clothes drying. The Hills Hoist of the '50s and '60s. Note the pitiful modern clothesline in the b/g. The traditional Hills Hoist is as Australian as an Irish theme pub, a dim sim in a baine marie or a replacement coat hanger car radio aerial bent into the shape of Australia.

I never feel more emotional about this wide brown land than when I hear the Qantas tykes singing Sir Peter Allen's "I Still Call Australia Home." Despite the fact I am always in Australia when I hear it.

That's Oz for youse, she gets into your system and never leaves. She's like a hood kind of
malaria. Remember, peeps, Australia isn't K Rudd or James Packer or even Jennifer Hawko.

Australia is Daryl Somers and Ossie Ostrich. G'day and good luck to thee and thine.

Mr Trivia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's with George Eads' Hair?

What’s with Bradley Whitford’s Hair?

Who Is Eleanor of Aquitaine?