Hail to Thee

Just flying through, Zeitgeisters, on my way to empty out my storage locker down at the Koala Facility in O'Connor. (Will I get my $90 Australian back?). The locker is empty, the only thing of mine down there, is the padlock I bought to keep people from wandering inside to check out the dusty concrete floor.

Still, locking things is MOST important. If we forget that, we descend to living like lemurs or baboons. And I'm not talking cute, anthropomorphic, Disney-esque primates either (Think: LION KING, then forget it and the Elton John soundtrack).

Time only to say Hail to Thee. I'm new here as you can see. Don't have anything much deeper to offer than greetings or salutations at the moment. Or maybe ever...

I, like many of us in the Blogosphere often have sweet F--- A-- to say, but I think saying it with style is a statement in itself. As Paris Hilton might utter, "That's Hot". Apparently that's her trademark phrase.

Those of you who recall hearing those two and half words before Ms Hilton "trademarked" them should really have put your money down first, eh? Easy enough to invent the light bulb after Edison showed us how. Or to quote Homer Simpson: "I don't know, Herb, why don't you take an existing invention and put a clock in it?"

Which is to say, Invention is difficult; Re-invention is easier and Plagiarism is easiest of all.

Shoot! My time is almost up. Just like to highlight the following; the remade movie Rollerball is on free-to-air telly in Perth tonite. Chris Klein and LL Cool J, together again for the first time! Those suits sure know how to cast a picture!

I'd like to end with some words I heard last night while watching the Grammys telecast. I was washing dishes at the time so I don't have every nuance, but bear with me.

Jay Z and Linkin Park won a Best Rap/Sung Collaboration Grammy for their Numb/Encore mash-up. Apparently it came together in a beautifully organic fashion when MTV went to Jay Z and suggested he find someone to a mash-up with. The commercially shrewd and million-selling Jay Z chose the million-selling Linkin Park as the partner for this arranged marriage. Exciting, no?

The Linkin Park guy (don't know his name - my back was to the TV) ended by thanking, "Everyone in the management and legal teams that made this record happen - because it was nightmare."

Ah, musicians complaining about the legal logistics of creating an award-winning hit recording. It's like the rough and ready days of Punk are back! or not.

Elevate the Insignificant

Mr Trivia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's with George Eads' Hair?

What’s with Bradley Whitford’s Hair?

Who Is Eleanor of Aquitaine?