Brown Paper Packages



Zeitgeisters,

Months ago I put out the call for your lists of your favourite things a-la the treacly Rodgers and Hammerstein ditty that we all know so well, from the best anti-nazi feature film of all time, THE SOUND OF MUSIC. I can hear Julie Andrews mannered inflections even as I write this,

I wasn’t swamped with replies, but here they are in all their ‘is-ness’.

My original list was:
1. Coffee
2. The Internet
3. My iPod
4. My digital Camera
5. Democracy


But then I posted this second list:

1. Nena's "99 Luft Balloons"
2. Persian carpets
3. Bruce Lee's "Fists of Fury"
4. The light reflecting off the river at sunset
5. mangoes in any form

There followed:
1. sex
2. drugs
3. rock & roll
4. sex
5. drugs


-Paul-


1. My aubergine coloured '98 Commodore
2. The Proposition film
3. Gregory Maguire's Wicked book
4. The band Calexico
5. Learning to speak Italian


-Jacob-


1. The smell of a clean baby
2. a rain storm coming in over the Swan river
3. the taste of expensive chocolate
4. a beautifully spoken sentence
5. a hot shower


-CJ-


1. Tissues
2. Nurofen
3. Water
4. Two of us
5. Tissues – you can never have too many


-Alison-

1.Whiskers off kittens
2.Kamal
3.Snowdomes
4.George A Miller's 1956 'Magic Number 7' article
5.Going wild like a blister in the sun


- Mike Bourne-

Thank you all for your input. May unalloyed joy be your constant, nagging companion for the rest of your lives. Thank you for putting hand to keyboard.

Elevate the insignificant

Mr Trivia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's with George Eads' Hair?

What’s with Bradley Whitford’s Hair?

Who Is Eleanor of Aquitaine?