Months ago I put out the call for your lists of your favourite things a-la the treacly Rodgers and Hammerstein ditty that we all know so well, from the best anti-nazi feature film of all time, THE SOUND OF MUSIC. I can hear Julie Andrews mannered inflections even as I write this,
I wasn’t swamped with replies, but here they are in all their ‘is-ness’.
My original list was:
2. The Internet
3. My iPod
4. My digital Camera
But then I posted this second list:
1. Nena's "99 Luft Balloons"
2. Persian carpets
3. Bruce Lee's "Fists of Fury"
4. The light reflecting off the river at sunset
5. mangoes in any form
3. rock & roll
1. My aubergine coloured '98 Commodore
2. The Proposition film
3. Gregory Maguire's Wicked book
4. The band Calexico
5. Learning to speak Italian
1. The smell of a clean baby
2. a rain storm coming in over the Swan river
3. the taste of expensive chocolate
4. a beautifully spoken sentence
5. a hot shower
4. Two of us
5. Tissues – you can never have too many
1.Whiskers off kittens
4.George A Miller's 1956 'Magic Number 7' article
5.Going wild like a blister in the sun
- Mike Bourne-
Thank you all for your input. May unalloyed joy be your constant, nagging companion for the rest of your lives. Thank you for putting hand to keyboard.
Elevate the insignificant