Leaning Tower with 340g Mayonnaise for Scale


This was given to me by a friend who was trying to dekitsch his life as he ended one business and embarked upon another. (Thank you, Mr Axten).

What I like about it is the awkward size of the objet d'art. It takes up considerable shelf space particularly in terms of its  height. It isn't authentically modeled in detail nor in colour. It's a poor attempt in every way, but I like it.

Could I part with it? If THE ANTIQUES ROADSHOW were to inform me that it was a rare piece worth 1000 of your English quid, I'd probably say, "no, it has too much sentimental value" and then regret it immediately. Then I would attempt to assuage my feelings of sheer idiocy by securing Fiona Bruce's autograph.

I'm a well-calibrated apparatus when it comes to feeling regret about inconsequentials. I 'sweat the small stuff' constantly. It's the big ticket items that I react to with numbness and obliviousness. And no, I'm not referring to the emotional conflict I'd feel were I to contemplate selling a 1:1 scale model of another famous landmark like say, The Sydney Opera House or Clancy's Fish Pub in Fremantle.

But that's a blogpost for another day, eh Zeitgeisters?

PJK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's with George Eads' Hair?

What’s with Bradley Whitford’s Hair?

Who Is Eleanor of Aquitaine?